Friday 18 December 2009

A likely boost for the motor trade

Transport is one of the few things Greater Nottingham has done well. This is largely down to the County, City and Boroughs working together. However, all that is set to change with the ex-second hand car dealer, County Council transport supremo, Richard (the mason) Jackson determined to reduce the dependancy on public transport and give the motor trade a boost. I detailed here how he hopes to reduce bus usage and here how he was prepared to spend £7.5m to reduce bus patronage by 30% (although they seem to now be going back on that one). More worryingly I heard and reported here that they may now pull out of co-operation with the City over transport - I hoped that I was wrong. Unfortunately it looks as though I am correct. On Wednesday Broxtowe Borough Council narrowly voted to co-operate on the next Local Transport Plan (LTP3) but I am told that Cllr Jackson and all the other Tory County Councillors voted against this (could anyone please confirm?). To read the motion click here and go to item 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment